Ductless heating is an increasingly popular method of heating your home. If you need maintenance or repair on your ductless heating system or if you want to install a new ductless heating and cooling system in your home, contact Ted’s HVAC today. Ted’s HVAC performs ductless heating and cooling services on mini-split systems in homes throughout the Durham and Chapel Hill area.
What Are Ductless Systems and How Do They Work?
While ductless heating &and cooling systems have been becoming more popular, they are still a mystery to many. Ductless mini-split systems are heat pumps, so they use one system for both heating and cooling. Accordingly, they are also called ductless mini-split heat pumps.
And, as the name would imply, there is no ductwork involved with these systems. As “split” indicates, these units use an outdoor unit connected to an indoor unit via refrigerant lines. Refrigerant lines only need a three-inch hole in an outdoor wall for installation, in contrast to complex, bulky, and sometimes-leaky ductwork.
It is important to note that up to eight indoor units can be connected to one outdoor unit.
Ductless Mini-Split Benefits
These unique systems have several benefits and are more dynamic than a traditional heat pump.
- Customization by room. Each indoor unit you may have can have different, customized heating and cooling. This is controlled by wall consoles, remote controls, and/or smart phone apps.
- Likely energy savings. When compared to standard home electric resistance-based heating systems or conventional room air conditioners, mini-split heat pumps are significantly more efficient, because they transfer heat rather than generating it.
- Improved air quality. First, ductless systems don’t use ducts that can become dirty and transfer allergens. Ductless systems offer multi-stage filtration that can drastically reduce the particles in the air.
When to Choose a Ductless Mini-Split System for Your NC Home
Because ductless heating and cooling systems are simple and versatile, they are used in a variety of situations.
- As an alternative to costly electric heat (baseboards, wall heaters, electric radiant), especially where a cooling system would also be a benefit.
- In homes with no ductwork that never had central air.
- As an alternative to expensive or inefficient heating and cooling systems (central air included).
- Additions or other areas where it would not be possible or cost-effective to extend ductwork.
- Rooms that are not regularly used, because the indoor unit can be turned off to save money.
- New construction homes, especially in areas with high fuel costs.
Contact Ted’s HVAC for Ductless Heating & Cooling Services in Durham & Chapel Hill, NC
Looking to install a ductless system in an extension or throughout your whole home? We’ve got your covered with the highest quality products on the market. Give us a call today to talk through your options and schedule an appointment.
If you already have a ductless system, you likely know that ductless heating and cooling system maintenance is essential! There is DIY maintenance that you should perform on your own system, but it is also recommended to have a professional perform maintenance on your system twice a year—once before heating season and once before cooling season. Contact us to schedule maintenance to ensure that your system continues to run as efficiently as possible.
And if you have a ductless mini-split system that is malfunctioning we don’t want you to be left without a working heating or cooling system! Don’t hesitate to give us a call for ductless mini-split repair. We are always on call for 24/7 Emergency Service.
No matter what your ductless system needs are we are here for you. Call us today for installation, maintenance, and repair on ductless heating and cooling systems in Durham and Chapel Hill, NC. We have over 50 years of combined experience serving our neighbors in North Carolina and are committed to making your home comfortable.