It’s essential to stay warm during the North Carolina winter, and a boiler is a powerful, efficient way to heat your home. If you are looking for boiler installation in Durham, Chapel Hill, and the surrounding area contact Ted’s HVAC today.
Whether you’re replacing an old boiler or installing a boiler in a new home, Ted’s HVAC has you covered. Our trained technicians can help you choose the right boiler for your home so you can enjoy reliable and efficient heat all winter long.
New Boiler Benefits
There are a few important distinguishing features between boilers and other heating systems. Boilers use heated air and a network of pipes and radiators to supply heat to your home. Boilers have been a reliable heating source for generations, and modern developments have made them even more reliable and efficient.
You can expect to experience the benefits below when installing a boiler:
- Even, reliable heat. You should not experience cold spots or pockets of cold air in rooms (unless it’s an insulation issue). Heat from a boiler radiates into your home.
- Dependability. Boilers have fewer parts than furnaces and heat pumps, which often means there is less cause for a breakdown. As long as you keep up with regular maintenance, you should experience dependable heating from your boiler each winter.
- Durability. Boilers have one of the longest lifespans among heating systems. For instance, boilers can often last many years longer than an electric furnace. The initial cost of a boiler can be higher, but it is typical to see savings over the long run.
- Improved air quality. With no forced air system at work, you don’t have to take care of dusty ductwork or allergen buildup in your heating system. This results in cleaner air.
- Quiet operation. In contrast to the sometimes-steady background drone of a forced air system, boilers are very quiet.
These are just a few of the unique benefits to installing a boiler. Give us a call today to schedule an installation or to ask any questions you may have about installing a boiler in your home in Durham or Chapel Hill.
Time to Replace Your Old Boiler?
There are several signs that can indicate that it might be time to replace your current furnace.
- Old age – The average lifespan of a boiler is 10-15 years. If your boiler is approaching this age, it may be time to start considering installing a new boiler (especially if old boiler age is combined with any of the other items on this list).
- Poor efficiency – If your boiler is rated below an “A” for efficiency, replacement will save you money on energy bills. If you don’t know your boiler’s efficiency rating, the cost of your energy bills can also be an indication of the boiler’s efficiency. If you find your bills going up significantly year over year (irrespective of heat and energy cost), it may be due to an inefficient heating system.
- Slow heating – Today’s boilers provide almost instant heat. If yours doesn’t, then it’s likely outdated.
- Yellow flame – Your boiler should burn with a blue flame. A yellow flame means you could have a carbon monoxide problem.
Don’t hesitate to call us to talk about any of these items or to schedule a boiler installation or replacement. We also perform boiler repair and maintenance, so you can be sure your boiler will receive expert service throughout its entire service lifespan.
Call Ted’s HVAC for Boiler Installation in Durham, Chapel Hill & the Surrounding Area
If you need to install a boiler in Durham, Chapel Hill, or the surrounding area in North Carolina don’t hesitate to contact Ted’s HVAC today. You can trust our team to do the job right. We have an established track record of success working in our North Carolina community. We are committed to making sure you have a comfortable winter in your home.
Don’t hesitate to call Ted’s HVAC for Boiler Installation today!